How Does The Nicotine Content In Electronic Cigarettes Compare To Regular Cigarettes?
When looking for a cigarette alternative, many people often wonder how the nicotine content in electronic cigarette cartridges compare with actual cigarettes. In practice, you can smoke an electronic cigarette as long or as short as you want. So, a better question to ask is not how much nicotine each cartridge contains, but rather how you plan to smoke your electronic cigarette. Read on to learn how the nicotine content in an electronic cigarette compares to regular cigarettes.
Most electronic cigarette stores have cartridges for their electronic cigarettes that range from no nicotine to medium levels of nicotine to extra high levels of nicotine. Because electronic cigarette cartridges are not designed to be finished in one sitting, and you don’t have to worry about finishing a full cigarette during each break, you can get a higher nicotine content cartridge and smoke less than you did with tobacco cigarettes and get the same satisfaction.
A medium strength cartridge will allow you to smoke for the same amount of time you would with a tobacco cigarette and get the same feeling as a light cigarette. However, if you’re looking to spend less time smoking without sacrificing nicotine, you could purchase full-strength cartridges and only taken a couple of hits during each smoke break.
Ultimately, the answer to the question of which cartridge strength to purchase depends on how you plan to smoke your electronic cigarette. If you plan to smoke the same amount as tobacco cigarettes, you should follow this general guideline:
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 0mg of nicotine has no equivalent in traditional cigarettes
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 8mg of nicotine (low level) is the equivalent of Ultra Lights in traditional cigarettes
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 14mg of nicotine (medium level) is the equivalent of Lights in traditional cigarettes
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 18mg of nicotine (high level) is the equivalent of Medium to High in traditional cigarettes
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 22mg of nicotine (extra high level) is the equivalent of Stronger cigarettes or smaller filtered traditional cigarettes
– An electronic cigarette cartridge with 28mg of nicotine (super extra high level) is the equivalent of Unfiltered traditional cigarettes
One last thing to note: since the percentages of ingredients change as the nicotine levels decrease or increase within electronic cigarette cartridges, you will typically notice the higher level nicotine cartridges give a more robust throat hit and flavor experience for you to enjoy if you choose to gradually lower the nicotine levels over time.