Such phenomenon as piercing appeared many centuries ago. In old times people tried to decorate their bodies in different ways. One of the methods of decorating was making holes in different parts of body. Then they threaded different adornments into these holes. At that time piercing was made for different purposes: some adornments scared away evil spirits, other ones accentuated courage, and others – showed rank and social position. But today, of course, the motivation for making piercing has changed completely, and now it is extremely popular among young people – boys and girls.
The first piercing adornments were made from bones and wood. But time passed, and there became much more variants of piercing jewelry and adornments. Today the most popular materials for making piercing jewelry are silver and gold. One of the reasons of their popularity is that these metals don’t oxidize, unlike bijouterie, which is usually made from cheap metals. It is a guarantee of your health.
Piercing jewelry is often decorated with gold of different colors and gems.
Today you can easily buy any piercing jewelry. In our catalogue, which you will get right in our salon, you can quickly find the most suitable for you type of jewelry. Even if you won’t find anything interesting in the catalogue, don’t worry – today there is a great choice of such adornments in any jewelry store. Moreover, many large jewelry stores, trying to be on the height of fashion, refresh their collections regularly. And thanks to new scientific researches, new materials for piercing jewelry appear.
So, what metals can be (and even must be) used for making piercing jewelry?
– Gold. This metal has always been considered to be one of the most beautiful ones, because of its color. The most common for making piercing jewelry is 14-karat gold, or standard 584.
– Surgical stainless steel. Today there are four gradations of surgical stainless steel. Standard 200 contains chromium, nickel and magnesia alloys. In standard 300 one can find only chromium and nickel alloys. Standard 400 contains only chromium alloys. Standard 500 consists of low-containing chromium alloys.
– PTE-PTFE. The uniqueness of this material is in its flexibility, that’s why it is so beloved by surgeons allover the world.
– Ivory. Ivory for piercing jewelry is extracted from permafrost. The age of tusks is usually 40 000 – 1 000 000 years. Mammoth is an extinct animal, so, the sale of their tusks is permitted officially.
– Fluro. Polymer of the latest generation. Their perfect compatibility with a human organism is known all over the world.
– Niobium. Clean, non-divisible hypo-allergenic chemical element. It is absolutely harmless and can be used in making piercing jewelry.
– Titanium. A wonderful invention of the technological century. It has a number of excellent features. Thanks to these features, titanium is gradually excluding stainless alloyed steel from the piercing industry. Specific gravity of titanium is two times less than the specific gravity of steel. By anodization of titanium one can get different colors.
– Gilded titanium. This material for piercing jewelry has a gorgeous look, fast color, high durability and good tolerance by soft tissues of human body.
– Implantium. A good alternative for titanium. Piercing jewelry made of implantium can be used for the primary introducing when making a hole.